For those that have made the move to a 2500 Trail Boss that owned a 1500 TB

This is relavant to me, as I'm now thinking of swapping my 6.2L 1500 6.6' bed for a new 6.6L gas 2500. Same bed size, so I'd think turning radius would be the same. My only concern is ride quality and fuel mileage. My truck is our main family/long distance vehicle. I'm only hooked to a trailer about 15 days a year pulling my enclosed motorcycle trailer.

The biggest reasons for the desire to switch is the color and the addition of the bed view camera on the 2500.
 
The ride is going to be stiff and the gas mileage is going to be a lot less. That’s the 6.6 gas for you.

I love the cameras with all the views to get with it.
 
Ok. I have all the cameras EXCEPT the bed/cargo view.
 
This is relavant to me, as I'm now thinking of swapping my 6.2L 1500 6.6' bed for a new 6.6L gas 2500. Same bed size, so I'd think turning radius would be the same. My only concern is ride quality and fuel mileage. My truck is our main family/long distance vehicle. I'm only hooked to a trailer about 15 days a year pulling my enclosed motorcycle trailer.

The biggest reasons for the desire to switch is the color and the addition of the bed view camera on the 2500.
Turning radius might depend on the model of the truck. Mine is close but still off by about 3 feet and turning round in an area I do a complete turn around the 2500 take a foot or to more to make it a none curb over turn. However, as I stated ride quality can be better on a 2500 vs a 1500 depends on the suspension system. My ZR2 ride is considerably better than my 1500 TB was; however, it might not be any better than a ZR2 1500 since I believe it also comes with the multi-matic DSSV damper system.
And the ZR2 comes with all cameras, and when towing a vehicle and you turn on a turn signal, the entertainment system shows what the camera on the side mirror shows for better/safer turning of the trailer.

Looking at my truck this AM while it was parked in the driveway; I have to wonder if the tires make a difference in ride quality between my old '25 TB and this 2500 ZR2. My TB had 20" rims with 33" tires; thus not much cushioning between the road and the rim; whereas, the ZR2 has 18" rims with 35" flotation tires. More cushion between road and rim....
 
Last edited:
Mine is just a ZR1 TB, and the same for the potential new 2500…ZR1 TB.
 
Back
Top