What's new

Leak from transfer case to rear yoke shaft

sbbobb

Reaction score
Hello folks, I have found a small red fluid leak from the shaft coming out of the transfer case going to the yoke of the rear shaft (see picture). It is small but seems to show up again and again after cleaning it with a rag and after driving a bunch of miles more. Do you think this is serious enough for an immediate dealer service? I was hoping to wait until 2,500 miles on odometer so I can also get my first oil & filter change. The truck is a 5.3 10-speed with 1,600 miles on it, a few months old. Any insight will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks again.

Attachments

• 20240404_171742.jpg
    20240404_171742.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 39
Should be fine. Curious what the root cause is of a truck with 1600 miles.

Should be fine. Curious what the root cause is of a truck with 1600 miles.
Appointment with dealer made, taking it in a couple of weeks. Also very curious...

Appointment with dealer made, taking it in a couple of weeks. Also very curious...
Took to dealer. Problem is a pinched rubber seal gasket, QC issue at assembly plant (Mexico). Part on order to be installed when available.

There is a technical service bulletin for this. Ill try to see if I can find it.

This may just be 8speed transmission, I dont know.
TSB:
#22-NA-225: Information on Red Fluid Leak from Center of Vehicle Located by the Rear of the Transmission or Transfer Case Area - (Oct 17, 2023)

1713494778917.png

Most Reactions

Back