What's new

Towing with 35" tires

07blackz71

Reaction score
Did my first road trip with my 35" bfg ko2 tires towing my 12' trailer and UTV. Drove in 9th gear and towing mode. Problem I had was any hill when driving over 65 mph it would shift down to 8th and even 7th gear. It got worse the faster I drove. Is this normal? Anyone else with 35" tires experience this?

I think you have an issue. I run 35s and a lift and get better gas mileage. Mine stays in 10th gear going uphill towing a 30 footer no issues.

Do you have a speedometer corrector for the 35's?

Something doesn’t seem right.
You should barely notice that trailer/load.

I don't have the speedo corrector. I do have the range pulsar but never updated the tire size. But I do have the stop/start and dfm turned off. Also I have the throttle sensitivity at +1. Would that make a difference? Would changing tire size in the pulzar actually help?

Just a FYI, setting 1 is a 15% reduction in throttle response. Maybe that’s what’s causing your issue.

IMG_6635.jpeg

I have at level 2. 1 step above stock.
Ok, ok… when you said +1 I thought you meant level 1. Do you have the 5.3 or 6.2l? And is your trailer an open or enclosed steel trailer or aluminum?

I don't have the speedo corrector. I do have the range pulsar but never updated the tire size. But I do have the stop/start and dfm turned off. Also I have the throttle sensitivity at +1. Would that make a difference? Would changing tire size in the pulzar actually help?
YES it will make a difference! You have a 2" taller tire than stock. Your speedometer is going to be way off and the shifts are based on speed so everything is out of whack!

YES it will make a difference! You have a 2" taller tire than stock. Your speedometer is going to be way off and the shifts are based on speed so everything is out of whack!
I will try adjusting the tire size this weekend. I wonder how exact I need to be on the tire size

An update. I finally adjusted for my tire size and it helped. I didn't tow anything but everyday driving got better. It took a day for everything to adjust like the transmission. It seems to shift better, run smoother, and less sluggish. MPG also increase.

I think in a few weeks I will be towing the same load again and I will report back on the overall out come.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back