What's new

What did you do to your Trailboss today? 🛠️

I added a ported throttle body to my 6.2 to help compliment the cold air intake, ram air hood, tune, and exhaust. Seems I can feel the difference mostly at slower speeds, no noticeable difference with wide open throttle. Probably wouldn't do it again, but it's done now!

1.png

2.jpg

3.jpg

Ordered some Duratracs in 285/75r18 today. I know they get noisy, but data shows they're 35.1" and tied for the lightest weight tire I could find. Due to being cheaper than the other tires that were the same size and weight (both criteria had to be fulfilled) I went with them. Under $1,200 for both. Will be ordering the ReadyLift 2" kit very soon. Seems backwards, but I promise it isn't. Tires will sit in the garage until the kit is installed. Just waiting for 50k miles on the odometer to do everything. At that mileage the lift kit gets installed and the tires too. I spoke to Readylift regarding this tire size and clearing the new UCA. They recommended wheel spacers that are ¼"-½". I went with ½" just to be safe. Hopefully that's small enough to avoid rubbing.

I am considering buying a replica 18" OE wheel and a 5th tire to keep as a spare and run the 5 tire rotation instead of the 4 tire rotation. I have several thousand miles to figure it out before the first tire rotation.

Should I get the Pulsar LT or the RC speedometer calibrator? I'm not looking to shutoff the auto start/stop, cylinder deactivation, etc. Only looking to correct the speedo.

Edit: typo
I have a 19 custom w/out the auto on/off. I bumped to 35x12.5x20 with an RC 1.5" leveling and the RC speedo calibrator. The only thing I really wanted was the adjuster. It's as easy as a previous post said. Easy programming and install/unplug (for dealer service) then reinstall ! My local tire dealer ended up crediting me $500 for my Duratracs and stock 18" wheels (tires had approx 19000 mi).

I added a ported throttle body to my 6.2 to help compliment the cold air intake, ram air hood, tune, and exhaust. Seems I can feel the difference mostly at slower speeds, no noticeable difference with wide open throttle. Probably wouldn't do it again, but it's done now!

View attachment 6332

View attachment 6333

View attachment 6334
I did a TB spacer with a CA, air scoop and muffler delete at the same time. I do get some added giddie up overall, it's kind of fun.

I did a TB spacer with a CA, air scoop and muffler delete at the same time. I do get some added giddie up overall, it's kind of fun.
What brand spacer did you go with? AFE's dyno chart showed the power curve all over the place, above and below the baseline at various points. So that kind of turned me off of the idea. But maybe another brand is better!

Tuesday I had the Ready Lift 1.75" Leveling Kit installed. Today I had Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT 295/70R18 tires mounted on my stock wheels. Plus 2" wheel spacers.
Added the Rough Country Mudflap Delete kit today. I also had some rubbing with the new MT Baja Boss 295/70R18s, so I did some trimming. Removed the metal bracket that secures the back of the fender liner and cut the plastic one in the front in half. No issues now.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    290.2 KB · Views: 82
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 82

Always worth it! Very nice! I want one!

I have a 19 custom w/out the auto on/off. I bumped to 35x12.5x20 with an RC 1.5" leveling and the RC speedo calibrator. The only thing I really wanted was the adjuster. It's as easy as a previous post said. Easy programming and install/unplug (for dealer service) then reinstall ! My local tire dealer ended up crediting me $500 for my Duratracs and stock 18" wheels (tires had approx 19000 mi).
I'm going to order the RC speedometer calibrator tonight. Just busy with moving and all the BS that comes with it. Currently in a hotel, and it's out last night here. If I don't order tonight it may be a few days before I have internet access. Neighborhood I moved to doesn't have the greatest cell reception right now.

Tires arrived today. I was able to pick them up a few minutes before the shop closed. It's near my hotel, and the house is about 45 minutes away. Wife convinced me to throw 2 tires into her Traverse tonight for safe keeping since I was only able to close my tonneau with 2 tires in the bed. The Retrax tonneau takes up a lot of space in the bed. This way I didn't need to go the house them drive back to the hotel. Especially since we got 5" of rain in my neighborhood today.

I'm using the stock 18s on this project, and the OE tires are used up. I doubt I'm getting any money for them, unless somebody wants to use them for a tire swing.

Last edited:
2 reasons: 1) That's the life of the original Duratracs the truck came with, and 2) because I'm OCD and can't justify getting rid of tires that aren't used up. I have less than 1,000 miles to go to get to 50,000 miles so this'll happen soon.
I can appreciate that. Waste not want not.

Most Reactions

Back