What's new

What did you do to your Trailboss today? 🛠️

I am a disabled veteran, retired, and we live remote and this is our only transport so we are pretty happy. I had a Honda Ridgeline that would do pretty well but ground clearance would have it sitting and spinning all 4. This pig just grunts down, slight slip and pulls. I have never pushed that much snow on nose and was able to keep moving. Everyone up here loves their Jeeps but no normal stock Jeep would have made it through my drive yesterday. Our roads up here aren't plowed until snow stops, so no snow removal yesterday. My circular drive goes right into road and we are at the end of a 1/4 mile road that will be plowed today. Getting out can be difficult just from the drive when you have 3' of snow out there and its -10F which it was this AM. High today of 12F.
I love CO. I spent 15 years living at 7000 feet in the Rocky Mountains in Park City, Utah. I have also spent a lot of time in the San Juan Range on the western slope in Uray, CO. The Alpine loop trails are perfect for a Trail Boss. What parts are you in?

Steve

I love CO. I spent 15 years living at 7000 feet in the Rocky Mountains in Park City, Utah. I have also spent a lot of time in the San Juan Range on the western slope in Uray, CO. The Alpine loop trails are perfect for a Trail Boss. What parts are you in?

Steve
I’m with you Steve. Sangre de Cristo’s Between Fort Garland and La Veta.
VA helped me get a loan after living in a RV in Ignacio. We need so much more snow or spring we gonna go poof!

Ballasting the bed is absolutley a good idea. But it can be a lot of work. I have had Eight Sandbags for years, 40 pounds each, that I keep in the horsebarn and move to the truck when needed. That is a minimum requirement. And now that I'm keeping a winch/receiver mount and other recovery gear in tubs in the bed, I'm working my way up to maybe 600 pounds.

This is why folks who drive in snow have no interest in Leveling Kits. My "Leveling Kit" is lots of heavy gear, dirt bikes, lumber, or a load of firewood.
Agreed. I put timbrens on cuz I hate my trucks squatting (and obviously helps with stability while towing). I have a trailer hooked up to my trucks most of the time

I’m with you Steve. Sangre de Cristo’s Between Fort Garland and La Veta.
VA helped me get a loan after living in a RV in Ignacio. We need so much more snow or spring we gonna go poof!
I had to look it up but now I know right where you are. Holy crap, a Trail Boss is almost a requirement for a daily driver in your town. I hope you get the snow you need. Watch out for those wildland fires, I know a little bit about those things. It's not pretty!

Steve

Agreed. I put timbrens on cuz I hate my trucks squatting (and obviously helps with stability while towing). I have a trailer hooked up to my trucks most of the time
Timbrens? I know about those for Colorado Teardrop Trailers ... but ... are you saying you put them on your truck?

RE Michigan: I attended Anchor Bay High School near New Baltimore, up about 26 Mile Road (?). Tried college for a semester at Michigan Tech in Houghton, and also served at Kincheloe AFB near Sault Saint Marie.

This is why installed. Works great

Attachments

• 696EF19A-07DD-4CAB-944C-8EB08BE93593.png
    696EF19A-07DD-4CAB-944C-8EB08BE93593.png
    234.7 KB · Views: 51
Installed a new box in the bed to help organize tools and supplies. I ended up going with this set up from Decked which is a much sturdier option than the typical aluminum diamond plate variant. This reminds me of the pelican cases I used in the military that were pretty much bomb proof. The cost was a bit more than the top aluminum versions but this can hold 500 lbs, is US made, and had a lifetime warranty. Additionally it came with two organizer boxes for the inside.
7943C809-FDA0-42D5-9E86-DAEB20DAE579.jpeg

Attachments

• 8FFFAC46-2158-4703-A1F1-110C623CE62B.jpeg
    8FFFAC46-2158-4703-A1F1-110C623CE62B.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 37
  • 76803264-BA6D-4A2A-8959-50B455F79925.jpeg
    76803264-BA6D-4A2A-8959-50B455F79925.jpeg
    283.9 KB · Views: 34
  • ECE06E14-392E-4185-9BB7-278857F88812.jpeg
    ECE06E14-392E-4185-9BB7-278857F88812.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 36
Free Mobil 1 oil change at dealer with tire rotation. Then hung it up again in very deep snow testing 4L. It came out on its own..... :geek: wife really enjoys riding with me....LOL

Vinyl wrapped radio bezel, wood grain door pieces, and center console arm rest trey in brushed gunmetal. Also tinted the tails, third brake light, fogs, and amber corner in the headlight. Turned out great for a newbie. I will say the fog lights lost quite a bit of brightness. They may be returned to stock before to long. Let me wash it up and I’ll post some pics.

Installed Gorhino RB20 steps, black out badge swap and vinyl wrapped (carbon weave) front emblem. + front orange corner light tint.
What brand of vinyl did you use for the bow tie? I tried 3 times to wrap the chrome in gloss black with no luck. Maybe another try and a patience reset will work. LOL. Looks good man!

Most Reactions

Back