What's new

2021 6.2 TB PULSAR LT

Gas mileage took a hit installing this, down to 13.9mpg now. I removed it to take to the dealer and have yet to put it back on and now I'm back at 15mpg. The best part is removing the speed limiter, DFM, and auto start/stop, the worst part is accidentally hitting the buttons that access the throttle sensitivity while driving. Also when I have all the settings altered the transmission shifts differently, not bad, just different. I can feel it shift occasionally, but without it, I don't notice any shifts. Just sharing my experience with it, hope this helps.
I noticed that too. I think the DFM actually helps with mileage, even though I don't like it. As for the throttle sensitivity I find myself checking it from time to time to make sure I haven't hit it accidentally. Just a quick bump of the cruise cancel button confirms (or occasionally shows that I have changed it) that I'm at 20. I tired 3 (30) but I really didn't need it. My favorites are the changing of the speed limiter and the turn off of Auto Stop. Those 2 alone are worth it to me.

I don't need to go over 100 hardly ever, but when I want to I WANT to be able to. Mine is set at 120 now.

I noticed that too. I think the DFM actually helps with mileage, even though I don't like it. As for the throttle sensitivity I find myself checking it from time to time to make sure I haven't hit it accidentally. Just a quick bump of the cruise cancel button confirms (or occasionally shows that I have changed it) that I'm at 20. I tired 3 (30) but I really didn't need it. My favorites are the changing of the speed limiter and the turn off of Auto Stop. Those 2 alone are worth it to me.

I don't need to go over 100 hardly ever, but when I want to I WANT to be able to. Mine is set at 120 now.
Exactly! Ran into that limiter a few times nothing is more annoying

anyone notice with the speed limiter set higher then 98mph the message still comes on ?

Finally installed my Pulsar LT yesterday. Added some insulation tape around the remaining bare wires as an extra precaution, but probably not necessary. I turned off DFM, set the speed limiter to 120 and set the throttle response at 3. My truck didn't come with auto start/stop as it was built after 6/7/21. The instruction manual skips the step to hit the cruise control off button again to sweep to 140 between setting the function you want to program and its option settings. Youtube programming videos makes this more clear. Got the drop window up and down message once or twice during programming, but that was the only annoyance.. All I can say is that the transformation of the truck was amazing. Faster acceleration and passing ability. The lines between Normal and Sport mode are now blurred although you can still feel the lower shift points in Sport mode. Drove about 400 miles since yesterday with no major problems. The only glitch that lasted only about the first 10 miles of driving was that the blind spot warning light came on intermittently on the driver side mirror with no one next to me., but did function properly when someone was. The passenger side warning light had no problems. Don't know of this was a coincidence with the Pulsar install or perhaps the sensor is going bad.

Finally installed my Pulsar LT yesterday. Added some insulation tape around the remaining bare wires as an extra precaution, but probably not necessary. I turned off DFM, set the speed limiter to 120 and set the throttle response at 3. My truck didn't come with auto start/stop as it was built after 6/7/21. The instruction manual skips the step to hit the cruise control off button again to sweep to 140 between setting the function you want to program and its option settings. Youtube programming videos makes this more clear. Got the drop window up and down message once or twice during programming, but that was the only annoyance.. All I can say is that the transformation of the truck was amazing. Faster acceleration and passing ability. The lines between Normal and Sport mode are now blurred although you can still feel the lower shift points in Sport mode. Drove about 400 miles since yesterday with no major problems. The only glitch that lasted only about the first 10 miles of driving was that the blind spot warning light came on intermittently on the driver side mirror with no one next to me., but did function properly when someone was. The passenger side warning light had no problems. Don't know of this was a coincidence with the Pulsar install or perhaps the sensor is going bad.
I’m also experiencing the Blind Spot issue. I emailed tech support and possible a software issue

I’m also experiencing the Blind Spot issue. I emailed tech support and possible a software issue
So far today, the blind spot warning light has behaved itself. However, as indicated by others, my speed limiter set itself back to 98mph after setting it to 120 yesterday, so probably a bug they have to address. I bought a USB to OBD cable today in anticipation of a Pulsar software update.

So far today, the blind spot warning light has behaved itself. However, as indicated by others, my speed limiter set itself back to 98mph after setting it to 120 yesterday, so probably a bug they have to address. I bought a USB to OBD cable today in anticipation of a Pulsar software update.
My blind spot issue has kinda fade away. Still waiting to hear back on what’s the “ fix “ for the issue. I’ll let ya know if I hear anything. How much for the Cable ?

Yeah I sent an email to support stating the blind spot indicator and speed limiter problems. I will post if I hear anything. USB to OBDII cable is around 10 bucks on EBay

Last edited:
Ok, pulsar support got back to me. Said not much they could do about the intermittent blind zone mirror light Others have reported it and corrects itself shortly have Pulsar install. As far as the speed limiter reset goes, it is a real problem, at least for me. Reset itself back to 98 after setting it to 120 on two consecutive days. They asked for my pulsar serial number and will open a case to engineering. I am the third person to formally repot this problem to pulsar according to them.
Mike

I have a 2021 Trailboss with the 6.2. I added the Pulsar LT and like the functionality but have removed as there was an issue with it affecting the remote diagnostics. The myChevrolet app could not connect and remote start function thru app was hit or miss. I opened ticket with range technology last year and they have yet to supply fix. Last update, after I inquired, was March 18th “No resolution as of yet”. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues.

I have a 2021 Trailboss with the 6.2. I added the Pulsar LT and like the functionality but have removed as there was an issue with it affecting the remote diagnostics. The myChevrolet app could not connect and remote start function thru app was hit or miss. I opened ticket with range technology last year and they have yet to supply fix. Last update, after I inquired, was March 18th “No resolution as of yet”. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues.

Thats strange. I have a 2022 Custom TB 6.2 with the Pulsar LT installed. I have not experienced any disruption in remote diagnostics or mobile app functionality.

Thanks for the information. Holley will be sending me out a cable to perform an update. Hope it corrects the issue.
Also let them know that others aren't having the issue. Maybe I just have a defective unit.
I will update this thread on the outcome of the update.

Most Reactions

Back