What's new

Best tires?

Thanks guys. Anyone go with the Michelin Defender LTX M/S? It’s not the same knobby or chunky style, but can get a great deal on them right now.
I had those on my 2011 Sierra prior to my Trail Boss, they were excellent tires, don't look rugged but performed extremely well in all conditions.

Well, I could no longer stand the Duratracs….went as long as I possibly could with them. Bought the Michelin Defender LTX M/S 275/65/18’s…wow. My truck has no more vibration noises, no more humming of the tires, no road noise, nothing! They aren’t aggressive looking, but it doesn’t look nearly as weak as I thought it would with these. Thrilled.

Attachments

• 7790FC73-0B6E-4644-9357-E3DCE57574A7.jpeg
    7790FC73-0B6E-4644-9357-E3DCE57574A7.jpeg
    656.1 KB · Views: 651
Here is the Firestone tread. Still some aggressive look, but silent compared to stock. And so much better in rain.
F931DC28-4ADF-49D7-8A8D-22713B5EF7E5.jpeg

Thanks. I was trying to find those without the white lettering but everything was sold out/unavailable in my area.

Costco installed it. They asked if I wanted white letters out or in. I guess the other side has black letters.

Well, I could no longer stand the Duratracs….went as long as I possibly could with them. Bought the Michelin Defender LTX M/S 275/65/18’s…wow. My truck has no more vibration noises, no more humming of the tires, no road noise, nothing! They aren’t aggressive looking, but it doesn’t look nearly as weak as I thought it would with these. Thrilled.
How are they holding up? I’m about to change my Duratrash and the michelin are in my radar.

Back up... How are the aftermarket tires holding up. Looking for a new QUIET tire. 275/65R18. Not an off road guy, but I do tow often.

I questioned my choice, more than once, to stick it out with the OEM Duratrac, But I'm there now. 63,500 on them now, can easily get another 2-3000 out of them, but I'm done.

Need some good advice. I'm leaning toward the "Wrangler Workhorse HT 275/65R18" not the LT E. Pretty much has the same spec as the Duratrac, but it's 10lbs lighter than the OEM Duratrac., don't know if that matters.

The OEM Duratrac tires where trash for me they had very uneven wear and a really bad humming noise around 20K I've had the Fallen Wildpeak AT3 on for about 20K now and they are probably the best tires I've ever run Im running a 295/70/r18 and did a mud flap delete on a stock trail boss with no rub and a 1.5 inch spacer truck is very smooth

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back