What's new

Black Trail Boss Badging - Stock, Debadge, Black Badges, Combination - Other

Black Trail Boss Badging - Stock - Black - Debadge

• Total voters
I have a Black Trail Boss with a few extras. I was going to replace the badging (Z71, Silverado, LT, 6.2 and Trail Boss sticker) with Black.
Then I saw a debadged Trail Boss and I has me thinking.

Should I...
Leave the stock badging​
Debadge it Completely/Partially​
Convert to Gloss Black​
Convert to Matte Black​
Combination Gloss / Matte Black​

View attachment 6849View attachment 6850View attachment 6851
My Trail Boss is black, and I actually went with a red badging theme. I replaced the 6.2L hood badges for a redline edition. The bowtie on the grille has been changed for a redline edition. I bought a cool set of matte black Trail Boss fender stickers online, then had a local print/body-wrap shop copy/scan the design and make them gloss red for me. I installed red inlay tailgate lettering and removed the chrome "Silverado " and "LT" badges. Installed red bed rails inlay lettering. I swapped out the chrome and red Z71 badges for red and black. Then I also installed red brake caliper covers and red wheel graphic inserts.

But badge-less was my next choice!

My Trail Boss is black, and I actually went with a red badging theme. I replaced the 6.2L hood badges for a redline edition. The bowtie on the grille has been changed for a redline edition. I bought a cool set of matte black Trail Boss fender stickers online, then had a local print/body-wrap shop copy/scan the design and make them gloss red for me. I installed red inlay tailgate lettering and removed the chrome "Silverado " and "LT" badges. Installed red bed rails inlay lettering. I swapped out the chrome and red Z71 badges for red and black. Then I also installed red brake caliper covers and red wheel graphic inserts.

But badge-less was my next choice!
How can you make a post like that and not show us some pictures??? That's cruel man! 😁

How can you make a post like that and not show us some pictures??? That's cruel man! 😁
Lol my bad! All I have is a walk around video of the truck, which is too large to attach. So here are some screenshots from that video :ROFLMAO:. This is before I added the red wheel decals.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 76
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 79
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 74
I voted for Matte Black because I could only cast one vote - but either matte or gloss black would be best. Debadged trucks look like base models. I had a black Tahoe with gloss black badges and it looked fantastic so that (or matte) gets my vote.
Athough I like the clean look fo debadged, I agree - how will you tell it's not a base model.

Lol my bad! All I have is a walk around video of the truck, which is too large to attach. So here are some screenshots from that video :ROFLMAO:. This is before I added the red wheel decals.
Very nice looking with the red badging and bet the red wheel decals set is off even more.

I’ve blacked out everything but the bow ties and exhaust tips. Since it’s a multiflex, the bow tie (black, bordered with chrome) is the same on front and back…I go back and forth on whether to black those exhaust tips

I’ve blacked out everything but the bow ties and exhaust tips. Since it’s a multiflex, the bow tie (black, bordered with chrome) is the same on front and back…I go back and forth on whether to black those exhaust tips
Black tips are all the rage. ;-)

Attachments

• 20221110_134625.jpg
    20221110_134625.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20230918_184214_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230918_184214_Gallery.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 71
My new black exhaust tips for my silver boss arrived today to replace the chrome tips. Should be the last bit of chrome to get rid of. Now need to find time to install them. Will post pics once done.
Exhaust Tips.jpg

I have a Black Trail Boss with a few extras. I was going to replace the badging (Z71, Silverado, LT, 6.2 and Trail Boss sticker) with Black.
Then I saw a debadged Trail Boss and I has me thinking.

Should I...
Leave the stock badging​
Debadge it Completely/Partially​
Convert to Gloss Black​
Convert to Matte Black​
Combination Gloss / Matte Black​

View attachment 6849View attachment 6850View attachment 6851
Blacked erything, Z71 Badges , Trail Boss decals, 6.2L on hood , powdercoated tow hooks and exhaust bezels , lug nuts , windows, Turn signals / side markers , removed Silverado LT on tailgate..black ordered. Only chrome left is on front and rear bowties and they are next.

Attachments

• 20230924_152106.jpg
    20230924_152106.jpg
    922.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back