What's new

Chevy Trailboss Pics

Rolling dirty in red rock country. Loving every mile of it. These trucks rock!

We were on the trails you see looking down in the wide shots. Shafer Canyon, Moab, UT. Rolled into Canyonlands National Park. It was awesome.

Steve

20220624_131506.jpg
20220624_133144.jpg
20220624_133225.jpg
20220624_155954.jpg
20220624_155944.jpg
20220624_155949.jpg

Towing my boat to the lake again, have towed it about 2000 miles so far with the trailboss. The 2.7ho tows like a dream average 12-14 mpg’s at 65mph depending on wind direction. Plenty of power for passing ect…
2A86056D-E88C-4FCA-B32A-1AE9035283B5.jpeg

Towing my boat to the lake again, have towed it about 2000 miles so far with the trailboss. The 2.7ho tows like a dream average 12-14 mpg’s at 65mph depending on wind direction. Plenty of power for passing ect…View attachment 3560
I just noticed the other day when I was scrolling through the trailer options in the DIC menu it records all of the miles I have towed my RV. Pretty cool.

Steve

How is the seal around the intake box? I saw this hood on the posts yesterday and I am seriously tempted by it.
It's pretty good. They mention on their website that K&N is what their opening shape is designed for, and thankfully that is what I already had. My only problem with it is that my intake opens to the fender. I would prefer a fully enclosed air box, minus the top, to ensure that air goes nowhere except the intake. The hood relies on the weatherstipping on top of the air box to seal against the hood. So I added some weatherstripping on that metal rail to the right of the air box. Not sure if it helped that much, but it eases my mind a little lol.

20220719_102519.jpg

'21 Cherry Red Tint Coat
Same color as my truck. Drove three hours to get it because no one local had this color with the features I wanted. I've regretted the drive and the purchase exactly zero times in the last three months.

Ten day overland trip in Utah and Colorado. Left Phoenix to Moab, UT. Did the 90 mile White Rim Trail in Canyonlands National Park one week after Moab was severely flooded by a 100 year storm. Did not go in thinking we were going to be able to complete it due to washouts and flood damage. The NPS was excellent about updating conditions since we had a permit. We were able to complete the entire trail. The first half was easy, the second half had a few heart pounding moments. The trail is normally rated moderate and perfect for a Trail Boss, this was a little different. We spent a couple more days on UT trails then Headed for Ouray, Co.
We did almost the entire Alpine Loop. Ouray to Silverton, Silverton to Lake City,Lake City back to Ouray. Then Ouray back to Moab for more trails there. It was an epic trip. Three nights spent sleeping under the stars, the rest in a ground tent. One night on day 5 in a hotel in Ouray for a SHOWER and a bed. Here is some pictures. Glad to answer questions if anyone wants info.
Moab_CO-155.jpg
Moab_CO-162.jpg
Moab_CO-166.jpg
Moab_CO-169.jpg
Moab_CO-175.jpg
Moab_CO-207.jpg
Moab_CO-211.jpg

Moab_CO-146.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back