What's new

Chevy Trailboss Pics

PHXPHOTOG

Reaction score
Light bar and ditch lights look great! Did you run it with the factory switch and harness or a different set up?
Factory switches. I like everything about this RC light set up except the switches. I might change them out. The catch is the 40 inch bar requires a two way switch I have not found yet. One way is daytime running light, the other is 30,000 lumens of firepower.

I put fiber washers on the ditch lights so I can pivot them out to give me 180 degrees of total light in front of me. I am pleased with the functionality of the system.

SDSooner

Reaction score
Factory switches. I like everything about this RC light set up except the switches. I might change them out. The catch is the 40 inch bar requires a two way switch I have not found yet. One way is daytime running light, the other is 30,000 lumens of firepower.

I put fiber washers on the ditch lights so I can pivot them out to give me 180 degrees of total light in front of me. I am pleased with the functionality of the system.
That is awesome! I have to buy the factory switches to put in place to install and wire them up. Like the idea of the fiber washers too! Was not happy that the lights on my mirrors don’t work while not in park. Did you get the switches from the dealer?

PHXPHOTOG

Reaction score
That is awesome! I have to buy the factory switches to put in place to install and wire them up. Like the idea of the fiber washers too! Was not happy that the lights on my mirrors don’t work while not in park. Did you get the switches from the dealer?
Sorry, I wasn't clear. I am running the RC factory harness and switches. Those are the switches I don't like. I would like to replace them with something better.

PHXPHOTOG

Reaction score

SDSooner

Reaction score
Here is a link to my previous post about this. I'll do it this way because below this post there is more info on how to wire them.

What did you do to your Trailboss today?

www.trailboss.org

Post where wiring tips start:

What did you do to your Trailboss today?

www.trailboss.org

Steve
Thanks Steve! I used the supplied harness with my RC lights in my old truck but the TB is so packed under the hood that it will be much more work to route the wires, especially after reading your post. I wonder if the dead switches in the dash can be wired to work with aftermarket lights or if I need to buy the Chevy kit.

setconstr

Reaction score
2020 tb murdered out

Attachments

• tempImagektixDq.png
    tempImagektixDq.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 37
  • tempImage6v2pxw.png
    tempImage6v2pxw.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 37
  • tempImageHKxnJB.png
    tempImageHKxnJB.png