What's new

Gas Mileage?

I should have said Total range, adding the miles already driven plus the range displayed at halfway. The useable fuel is 24 gallons, IIRC and 23 MPG times 24 gallons equals 552. If it would actually get 23 MPG for a whole trip. Like maybe to Grants, NM on I-25 & I-40.

35x12.5x18 mickey thompson baja mtz mud tires. 6.2L 2020 10 speed trans. I get 9 mpg just like my 6.2 camaro

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 36
I do mostly freeway and avg 17 mixed with city.
i know this is a TB forum but curious what 4wd Silverados with the diesel and big tires are getting?
I’d guess about 25mpg ?

Last edited:
2021 5.3L 10-speed getting 12.3 mpg average on small city traffic with 400 miles on it.

5.3 getting 17 mpg. Bed cover helps. This is with S&B cold air & peddle commander. Freeway/city driving

2021 TB LT 5.3. 3800 miles. Completely stock aside from a bed cover and Pulsar LT. Pulsar throttle response stays on level 3. Auto stop and DFM deactivated. All city driving, short trips, stop and go. Average 11-12 mpg. Pretty freaking bad LOL

2021 TB LT 5.3. 3800 miles. Completely stock aside from a bed cover and Pulsar LT. Pulsar throttle response stays on level 3. Auto stop and DFM deactivated. All city driving, short trips, stop and go. Average 11-12 mpg. Pretty freaking bad LOL
That’s pretty normal for your type of driving.

When you said city driving with lots of stop and go with no auto-stop that pretty much answered why you get 11-12mpg. 100% expected and normal.

Really glad to have stumbled upon this thread. Bought my 21 back in July, and have really been concerned about staying in the 12ish range, then no higher than 16 on a recent trip an hour south. Was unaware 21 did not have the DFM (like my 18). I just thought they got rid of the little notification that it dropped down to 4 cylinders. Not super excited to know I won't be breaking the 20mpg on our trip to Florida next week, but at least happy to know it's not something wrong with the truck!

Really glad to have stumbled upon this thread. Bought my 21 back in July, and have really been concerned about staying in the 12ish range, then no higher than 16 on a recent trip an hour south. Was unaware 21 did not have the DFM (like my 18). I just thought they got rid of the little notification that it dropped down to 4 cylinders. Not super excited to know I won't be breaking the 20mpg on our trip to Florida next week, but at least happy to know it's not something wrong with the truck!
Same here man, I guess these trucks are just not meant to be fuel efficient. Which doesn't bother me really, but I think the MPG rating of 15mpg Chevy gave the truck for city driving is a bit generous 😄 The best I got on all highway driving, steady 70mph, to and back from the airport, was about 19mpg which I was happy with.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back