What's new

Hidden Winch

TBoss21

Reaction score
Have the extension under the hood to attach the remote .. will take a pic tomorrow and post ..rough country 12K winch :
Nice..1st time ive seen it against a black front end like mine.
How bout the freespool lever access?

JP20TB

Reaction score
Nice..1st time ive seen it against a black front end like mine.
How bout the freespool lever access?
Yes very difficult to access… so had to have a extension port installed under the hood , the remote connects to it ..I’ll post a pic and / or video of how it works .

Attachments

• 9AD70217-E862-4AF8-A015-2826AA193542.png
    9AD70217-E862-4AF8-A015-2826AA193542.png
    323.2 KB · Views: 4

jamesholyfield24

Reaction score
Have the extension under the hood to attach the remote .. will take a pic tomorrow and post ..rough country 12K winch :
Looks good, wonder if they have a wireless winch remote option for the 12k or 9,500lb winches, I'm still throwing it around on buying the front and rear bumpers but really want them

vezePilot

Reaction score

vezePilot

Reaction score
Here is a more conventional winch Tray, one that is not a "hidden" type. But I cannot find any images of exactly how this looks on a TB, how far it protrudes out in front, or how low it mounts. Several videos I've seen of off-roading show that a winch mounted too low would scrape the ground at higher climb angles.

vezePilot

Reaction score
A more affordable, easier-to-install and still "hidden" solution might be a Front Receiver. Then a Receiver Winch mount. This would allow using the Winch at either the front or the rear of the truck. Keeping the Winch stowed in a Tub in the bed would keep it out of the weather.

Front Receiver for a Trail Boss:

Winch rated at 9,000 lbs.:

Winch Hitch (receiver) mount:

Optional Wireless Remote:

I have for years carried a "Winch-In-A-Bag" rated at 2,500 lbs pull in my 2011 Silverado. Only needed it once and it did the job, in deep snow. The Receiver Mount solution would require the same Long, external "Jumper Cables" wiring, but that worked pretty well for the Winch-In-A-Bag.

Of course, now that I would have TWO receivers that require Covers, I might be needing these: