What's new

Lifter issues again

Ereyes4

Reaction score
2021 Trail Boss, replaced left lifters at 6000 miles, replaced right lifters at 20,000. Now at 66,000 miles having Lifters issues again,, and of course it not covered under warranty now..
Anyone had issues with lifters a second time and anything I can do fight with dealer or GM on this new lifter failure? If not, this will be an expensive repair...
- Frustrated in Texas

100K power train warranty should still be valid.

Where you getting a 100K mile warranty? My 2021 has a 6 year 60K mile power train warranty and 3 year 36K bumper to bumper warranty.

That really sucks. I had both banks on my 21 fixed at 5,500 miles. I am at 25 miles now, really hoping that does not rear its head again. I want to keep this truck for a long time.

Just rolled over 20K on my 6.2 last week with no issues. I bought an extended warranty so at least it's covered for the amount of time I have a loan on it!

Yeah, my powertrain warranty is good for another couple years or so. I wanted to buy a knapp extended warranty but they are not allowed to sell warranties in Florida.

Most failures of the non "bad batch" lifters happen in the 60-80k range. So it sounds like OP had one of the bad batch trucks, then got the normal lifters, and fell in to the normal lifter failure window.

The lesson here is EXTEND YOUR POWERTRAIN WARRANTY. I plan to take care of mine next month.

My 2020 6.2L is approaching 80k kilometres and going strong. Is there an upgraded lifter option for when these GM ones shit the bed?

Last edited:
My 2020 6.2L is approaching 80k kilometres and going strong. Is there an upgraded lifter option for when these GM ones shit the bed?

No. There is only one lifter. The only upgrade is to replace the DFM lifters with good 'ole classic non-DFM lifters.

Reactions: Baz
It's more involved than just replacing them with non DFM lifters since there are other delete components that must be installed in the engine and a tune to remove the DFM activation.

2021 Trail Boss, replaced left lifters at 6000 miles, replaced right lifters at 20,000. Now at 66,000 miles having Lifters issues again,, and of course it not covered under warranty now..
Anyone had issues with lifters a second time and anything I can do fight with dealer or GM on this new lifter failure? If not, this will be an expensive repair...
- Frustrated in Texas
2022 TB here. Lifters replaced at 11,000 miles. I have 27,000 now and so far so good. Fingers crossed, because I really like the TB. 🤞🏼

yeeesh, yall should've got the 2.7 TurboMax with the 100K powertrain warranty; I didn't have any lifter issues when I had a '22 2.7 TB

Had like 30K,40K,50K miles with no issues outside of software shenanigans before I traded it

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back