I bought Infinity 2 ohm speakers from Crutchfield. Reasonably priced, exact fit, and vastly improved sound quality.If you want 2 ohm speakers try looking for Harley upgrade speakers. They are 2 ohm and come in 6x9, 5.25 and 6.5 sizes
Sorry if I caused any confusion here. I wasn't looking for 2ohm speakers, I know there are some out there. I was just commenting that due to this, the selections, even through Crutchfield are limited and that if you're upgrading speakers on a Bose system this is something to look out for.I bought Infinity 2 ohm speakers from Crutchfield. Reasonably priced, exact fit, and vastly improved sound quality.
Crutchfield told me that if 4 ohm speakers are used, the sound quality is greatly diminished. The Infinity speakers were about $95 for a pair.Sorry if I caused any confusion here. I wasn't looking for 2ohm speakers, I know there are some out there. I was just commenting that due to this, the selections, even through Crutchfield are limited and that if you're upgrading speakers on a Bose system this is something to look out for.
The Bose amp cannot power larger speakers. Never been a Bose fan, but me Mum loved her Bose radio.Crutchfield told me that if 4 ohm speakers are used, the sound quality is greatly diminished. The Infinity speakers were about $95 for a pair.