What's new

Tire noise dose anyone else notice this

I don't drive often, I'm WFH and my longest drive is 90 miles one way. So it'll be years before I have to buy new tires. When I do, I'm eyeing up the Nitto grapplers.

I have bad tire noise on my 2019 trail boss
yes sir....duratrash are terrible with sound. Not a fan of those one bit. I swapped them out with Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Pretty much zero noise. I love them!

I don't drive often, I'm WFH and my longest drive is 90 miles one way. So it'll be years before I have to buy new tires. When I do, I'm eyeing up the Nitto grapplers.
Similar here. I have only put 10089 miles on my truck in 14 months of ownership. Most driving is 8 miles between work and home. I did just put 1k on it in one trip which I never usually do so really, I should only have 9k on the odometer. It may be 3 or more years before I truly need new tires. That is if they can last to 40k.

Glad to see I am not alone on this. My 2022 has the 20 inch package with the Goodyear Wrangler Territory MTs and holy hell. I thought my front wheel bearing were bad with how much of a hum I heard and how much vibration I fee in the wheel between 15 and 30 mph. Everything settles down over 55 but I was really not expecting it.
EXACT same thing here 2021 CC short box. Especially when coasting down through 30 mph range. Quiet at highway speeds. I too was worried about a front gearset or wheel bearing! 20" Territory tires and only 600 miles on it now.

Meh, I'm not too worried about the sound of the tires, because my wife is going to be more pissed about hearing the exhaust I just ordered. Says minimal drone in cabin on highway, so we'll see.

She'll really hear the exhaust though when I eventually get new tires.

New member here and YES!!! I especially hear an incredibly annoying hum/thumping noise which is more pronounced at 50-60 mph.

New member here and YES!!! I especially hear an incredibly annoying hum/thumping noise which is more pronounced at 50-60
Only gets worse with more miles. Gotta ditch those tires unfortunately 😕

The stock tires are terrible. I could understand tolerating the noise if the tires were great performers, but they aren't. BFG KO2 outperforms the Duratracks and runs quiet on the highway. The Mickey Thompson Baja Boss I have on now are about the same noise level as the Duratracks, but with much more aggressive design and far better snow/wet/dirt/mud performance.

We probably should be more specific WHICH tires we are talking about 20” Territory or 18” Duratrac - OR both??!!

We probably should be more specific WHICH tires we are talking about 20” Territory or 18” Duratrac - OR both??!!
Very good point. I have the 275/65R18 Duratrac and man oh man do I hate them!! I would like to find a set that are somewhat aggressive looking but quiet as a church mouse.

Even when rotating and balancing every 6k or each oil change?prob

Very good point. I have the 275/65R18 Duratrac and man oh man do I hate them!! I would like to find a set that are somewhat aggressive looking but quiet as a church mouse.
I despised the goodyears too. Got Nitto Ridge Grapplers and couldn't be happier...zero noise

I despised the goodyears too. Got Nitto Ridge Grapplers and couldn't be happier...zero noise
I had ridge grapplers on my 2500, great looking tire, not so hot on the snow, after a year they did start making some noise..

Most Reactions

Back