What's new

What did you do to your Trailboss today? 🛠️

Rear brakes toast at 31k miles. Neat. Upgraded to drilled and slotted rotors with powerstop extreme tow and off-road pads.
That’s disappointing. Do you do a lot of heavy towing? How were the fronts? Fronts should technically wear down first unless you’re towing a lot. Nice upgrade though, looks awesome!

couple more, pass side will happen tonight...still not 100% sold this is the final flare.

please give your thoughts...always open ideas.
These flares are made by Tyger - several dealers sell these under their name. They look good installed - but are a pain to install so the look right. They are available at Amazon or Ebay for around $150.00.

Attachments

• 20230814_133118.jpg
    20230814_133118.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 74
What brand of catch can did you have? I haven’t heard anything from mine. So far so good. I also heard that your supposed to add a little oil to it to prevent the sound. Within the lines.
I have the J&L oil catch can. I lubed the o-rings before installation. just because the directions said so. haha

I messaged them about my problem and they had a replacement coming within 5-10 min. just had to send a couple of pictures.

this is the one and the site I bought it from.

I have the J&L oil catch can. I lubed the o-rings before installation. just because the directions said so. haha

I messaged them about my problem and they had a replacement coming within 5-10 min. just had to send a couple of pictures.

this is the one and the site I bought it from.

I have to admit the hose from J&L looks very similar to the one I used from UPR but that UPR had locking sleeves for the hoses that connect to the catch can.

OMG! My last truck a 2016 RAM 1500 still had pad on them @ almost 100K miles before I traded in for my current truck. I hope that's from avoiding deer crossing your path.
Actually, i tow a camper often that weighs around 6k lbs, trailer brake equipped etc. the fronts are probably half life or better. I’ll be upgrading those as well. I honestly think it could be something going on with the electric motors for the parking brakes not completly disengaging all the time or something possibly all the time. I see others have had similar issues.

That’s disappointing. Do you do a lot of heavy towing? How were the fronts? Fronts should technically wear down first unless you’re towing a lot. Nice upgrade though, looks awesome!
I tow around 6k lbs regularly. Trailer brake equipped on camper etc though and they function properly. It’s the inner pad that is shot. Outers not nearly as bad. Everything functions properly etc. I think it could be partially related to these electric abs motors not totally disengaging sometimes. 🤷🏻‍♂️ rotors were warped pretty bad as well. Stops SOOOOO Much better with this setup. Looking forward to swapping fronts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baz
Actually, i tow a camper often that weighs around 6k lbs, trailer brake equipped etc. the fronts are probably half life or better. I’ll be upgrading those as well. I honestly think it could be something going on with the electric motors for the parking brakes not completly disengaging all the time or something possibly all the time. I see others have had similar issues.
My theory is that the softer suspension that comes with these Trail Boss's is causing the truck to squat forward harder while braking versus Silverado's with the firmer suspension (non-Trail Boss's), which is causing more wear on those front brakes. Or, GM was just cheap with these brakes lol.

My theory is that the softer suspension that comes with these Trail Boss's is causing the truck to squat forward harder while braking versus Silverado's with the firmer suspension (non-Trail Boss's), which is causing more wear on those front brakes. Or, GM was just cheap with these brakes lol.
This was actually the rear brakes that I just replaced. The fronts still are around half life I’d say.

These flares are made by Tyger - several dealers sell these under their name. They look good installed - but are a pain to install so the look right. They are available at Amazon or Ebay for around $150.00.
i like how these delete the mudflaps...mine keep the rears, which i am not a fan of...but they now match in color and texture and i have them on.

Received my new black exhaust tips to replace the chrome tips on my silver trail boss. Now just gotta find time to install them. View attachment 7103
They are a bit of a PIA to change out. One of the nuts is inside the bumper and you can barely touch it. You have to take the steps off the end of the bumper and work blind with your hand in a tight spot. An air ratchet is the way to go if you have one.

Steve

They are a bit of a PIA to change out. One of the nuts is inside the bumper and you can barely touch it. You have to take the steps off the end of the bumper and work blind with your hand in a tight spot. An air ratchet is the way to go if you have one.

Steve
This 10mm ratcheting swivel head made easy work of the bolts inside the bumper after I took the corner steps off

Attachments

• 20230926_182001.jpg
    20230926_182001.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 20

Most Reactions

Back