What's new

2022 refresh 6.2 rattling sound when coming to a stop

2024 6.2 here with the same issue. As I heard mentioned above, seems the DFM activating/deactivating is the cause. Hear it when very slight throttle at lower speeds and when trans downshifts when coming to a stop.

My question, has there been a fix for this besides always having the truck in L9? Very annoying.

The dealer doesn’t seem to think it’s the lifters. Only because it’s not constant. Very annoying and disappointed, cause I love the truck. I had a ram rebel before this. Nothing against the ram but a 6.2 Silverado is on another level. Hopefully the deal can figure it out and I’ll update as soon as I find out.
I actually traded my '22 TB for a '23 Ram with a 5.7 Hemi. I run 5w30 as it has a slightly thicker viscosity but my manual says run 5w20 if available. Wonder if lifters are better off with a thicker oil or not? I'm guessing the engineers know more than I do.

I agree its the DFM that GM put on our trucks! I have All the same exact issue on my 23' 6.2 . love this truck to but the DFM runs it like crap -ticking sounds loss of power everything mentioned I paid 71k for all this to happen on a brand new truck just sucks ass! now thinking of trading in as well.... GM doesnt care one bit either about all of our issues we got but they sure got there money in the deal - DFM SUCKS !! ... my 2 cents.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back