What's new

2024 Chevy Silverado Trail Boss has Sport Mode in a 3.0 Duramax?

hawk99gt

Reaction score
Just like the title says. My 2023 with the 5.3 doesn't come with that option. So weird how they decide what gets what. I only have Normal & Offroad.
But the less power engine gets it. Kind of ticks me off. But I would like to know if there is a reason that I am missing.

My 23 AT4 with LZ0 does not have sport mode. I drove a 23 SLT/SLE with the LZ0 that did. Not sure what determines what gets it and what doesnt.

Well mine has it, and with the Pulsar set to 3 it's pretty much the same effect. Now, I set my Pulsar to 5, and that's a whole different ballgame.

We can't use the Pulsar with our "refreshed" models. My 21 6.2 TB had both Pulsar and Sport mode and you are correct!

Wonder if programming from the dealer can add that option. Just weird that its not included.

My 22 refresh 5.3 has the spot mode along with normal and off road

Drive mode availability and affected vehicle
subsystems are dependent upon vehicle trim level, region, and optional features.

Best answer I’ve been able to find. I have a 22 LTD and no sport mode. Never been able to connect a rhyme or reason why some have and some don’t. Theorized it was rim size or factory tire option or some other arbitrary selection, yet it seems someone always says “I have x,y,and z and have sport mode.” Life’s mysteries.

I have a 22 Refresh 6.2 and also no sport mode. From what I gather, both the 22 and 23 ZR2s also do not have it. Best I have been able to deduce is that sport mode is tied to tires (pre-refresh all had it - so this doesn't apply). I have the 18s with the duratracs (so the MTs = no sport mode). I think those who have the 20s and the optional all terrains have sport mode.

I have a 22 Refresh 6.2 and also no sport mode. From what I gather, both the 22 and 23 ZR2s also do not have it. Best I have been able to deduce is that sport mode is tied to tires (pre-refresh all had it - so this doesn't apply). I have the 18s with the duratracs (so the MTs = no sport mode). I think those who have the 20s and the optional all terrains have sport mode.
Well I guess that would make sense, since I have 18's on mine too. But still, if that is the case whose to say that one day I will switch wheels and tires. Thanks for your input.

Well I guess that would make sense, since I have 18's on mine too. But still, if that is the case whose to say that one day I will switch wheels and tires. Thanks for your input.
Unfortunately until the aftermarket figures something out, Global B has these rigs locked down. Dealers can't add/enable anything not on the original build sheet. This applies to something as stupid as auto wipers, even if you buy all the proper switches (and the sensor is already there). GMs way of saying, should have bought the more expensive one, we'll sell you one now...

Supposedly the 24s with the 6.2 will come with both Sport mode and an active sport exhaust. Don't expect backwards compatibility. Will be interesting to see what changes on the Bosses and ZR2s allow for sport mode to be offered again on the same powertrain.

Lack of Sport mode is a bit of annoyance for me.

Guess I'll keep my 2021. I have all four modes!

Most Reactions

Back