What's new

Aftermarket Exhaust for 6.2L

Which Borla Exhaust would you get?

• Total voters
... I pulled The engine and did the AMF delete. Couldn’t help myself and ordered a stage 2 cam and a Piston and Rod set. Looking at 850 at the wheels. ...
So the only emoticon or emoji or whatever that I've never seen is one for the Moe Howard (3 Stooges) thing, "Nnyyaahaahh!"

I've got a '22 LTD TB w/ 6.2 as well.

I was looking at exhaust, but too $$$. Then came across a mispriced NIB 'Gibson' 409 Stainless Cat Back for the 6.2 at $346 shipped. So I bought it.

Cold Start....Loud AF! If you're standing behind it, you can feel it (reminds me of track night). Scares my kids, on remote start, every time. 🤣 Once warmed up, sounds near stock. Highway speeds are quiet, just enough exhaust note to know it's got exhaust. When I get in it, it's got a deep/throaty sound to it.

If AFM/DFM is still enabled, the cylinder cut sound is crazy sounding. Anyone know who's cars will give you a look like "WTF?" when driving by.

Hope you like your purchase as much as I do mine. I was hesitant at first as I didn't want any exhaust drone in the cabin.

I went with the Flowmaster Super 50 series muffler. Left the resonators on. No drone and nice rumble at idle while still being quite enough in the cab to have a conversation. That said, you can definitely let em know it's a 6.2L when you put your foot in it on the highway!

Almost two months since I put the S-Type on and I am still loving the sound. No drone inside and can easily hold a conversation while cruising.

Couldn't change the voting title, but added other exhaust options to vote on.

Last edited:
Reactions: HWG
Thanks everyone for all your input. I went with the S-Type and have it installed. It sounds amazing, I can hear it slightly when driving down the highway at speed or putting around town. And wow, what a sound when you get on it..
The only thing I didn't take into consideration (until after I ordered it), was how loud it is on a cold start - I personally like it, hope my neighbors like it too.

In short, I probably should have gone with the touring, but in the end, loving the S-type.

For other out there that may be worrying about disturbing your neighbors, on a cold start the S-Type is loud and will let them know you started your truck.

Please note, this is on the 6.2L - Not sure if it would be the same on the 5.3.
I have the touring on my truck wish I was running the S -type but Borla won’t sell me a muffler want me to by a whole new system

Thanks. If it weren't for my neighbors, I'd definitely go with the ATAK. And if i decide the 2-type is not loud enough, I can just swap out the resonator "Modifies S-Type System to Produce ATAK Sound" with the Polyphonic Harmonizer Pipe :sneaky:
Just wondering, have you installed this setup yet? I want to do a S type on my 6.2, but I want to make sure it has no drone before I dump $1,000 on an exhaust. I currently have the muffler deleted and it drones terribly on the highway. Love startup and driving around town but I get headaches driving back and forth to school... 🤣

If you did go with the S-type, how is the drone around 70-75mph on the highway? That's right where mine drones the worst at the moment.

Just wondering, have you installed this setup yet? I want to do a S type on my 6.2, but I want to make sure it has no drone before I dump $1,000 on an exhaust. I currently have the muffler deleted and it drones terribly on the highway. Love startup and driving around town but I get headaches driving back and forth to school... 🤣

If you did go with the S-type, how is the drone around 70-75mph on the highway? That's right where mine drones the worst at the moment.
I have the ATAK catback and it doesn't drone now that I have the Pulsar LT. If you don't have Pulsar LT, then you will get some drone but it's not really noticeable if you play your music loud as these trucks keep sound out pretty good. Most of the time, I hear the tire noise over exhaust noise when cruising.

Yes - Been over a year now and loving the S-Type. Its loud on cold start especially in winter, but quiets down after about 60 seconds (as I recall).
Cruising at 70-80 is a non issue, you know the exhaust is there but no drone in the cab. You can easily have a normal conversation without raising your voice. (Unless you get into it) :sneaky:

I think the drone SilvyadaSylvia was referring to is the helicopter effect when the DFM kicks in and out.
The Pulsar LT can disable the DFM which is what most people do with it - Yes I run one too (y)

To me, drone is the anying vibrating sound of the exhaust at steady highway speeds. (I don't get that with the S-Type with or without the DFM enabled/disabled).

And if you decide it isn't loud enough - you can replace the Connecting Pipe# 60679 with the Polyphonic Harmonizer 60680 and now you have the ATAK.

Most Reactions

Back