What's new

Black Trail Boss Badging - Stock, Debadge, Black Badges, Combination - Other

Black Trail Boss Badging - Stock - Black - Debadge

• Total voters

Trail_Boss_6.2

Reaction score
I have a Black Trail Boss with a few extras. I was going to replace the badging (Z71, Silverado, LT, 6.2 and Trail Boss sticker) with Black.
Then I saw a debadged Trail Boss and I has me thinking.

Should I...
Leave the stock badging​
Debadge it Completely/Partially​
Convert to Gloss Black​
Convert to Matte Black​
Combination Gloss / Matte Black​

17_AngleView.jpg
19_SideView.jpg
RockLight2.jpg

This was on a midnight edition Trail Boss near me. I don't remember the pre-refresh midnight edition truck I saw having a black/gray sticker.

Attachments

• IMG_20230822_215305355.jpg
    IMG_20230822_215305355.jpg
    496.4 KB · Views: 69
This was on a midnight edition Trail Boss near me. I don't remember the pre-refresh midnight edition truck I saw having a black/gray sticker.
I picked up one of those off ebay, never installed them though. Prefer the look without em personally.

I'm biased.
I'd be bias too, very nice looking. Looks like you removed the sticker off the bed and went with the black badges. Are they the gloss or matte black? (Looks like Matte for the Z71 and Gloss for the rest.

Factory badges on the back are gloss, Z71 near the mirrors are matte, grill emblem bowtie is gloss and matte, and the little Z71 is matte.

I have a Black Trail Boss with a few extras. I was going to replace the badging (Z71, Silverado, LT, 6.2 and Trail Boss sticker) with Black.
Then I saw a debadged Trail Boss and I has me thinking.

Should I...
Leave the stock badging​
Debadge it Completely/Partially​
Convert to Gloss Black​
Convert to Matte Black​
Combination Gloss / Matte Black​

View attachment 6849View attachment 6850View attachment 6851
Your truck already looks amazing, love the bumper and I really like those running boards.
The reason I voted matte and gloss is because the truck already has such a mix of the two; factory mirrors are matte, window panels, parts of the back bumper. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Last edited:
I like the black badges and I think matte or gloss would look great.
I'd do it myself but i'm probably mess up my paint :oops:
I would also go with a matte black sticker on the side. I like having a trail boss sticker on there..
I always wanted to do that along with the matte black racing stripes(y)
Your truck looks great ..

Last edited:
Your truck already looks amazing, love the bumper and I really like thoss running boards.
The reason I voted matte and gloss is because the truck already has such a mix of the two; factory mirrors are matte, window panels, parts of the back bumper. I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Thanks for the compliment - I am leaning toward this for the exact reason you listed, but was looking to get some input/pictures from others here. I have seen so many things on this forum that made me thing "whish I saw that before".

I like the black badges and I think matte or gloss would look great.
I'd do it myself but i'm probably mess up my paint :oops:
I would also go with a matte black sticker on the side. I like having a trail boss sticker on there..
I always wanted to do that along with the matte black racing stripes(y)
Your truck looks great ..
Thanks - I've watched a few videos on removing them and it doesn't looks that complicated. If I mess up, hope it's where the badge/sticker will cover it up. :sneaky:

I voted for Matte Black because I could only cast one vote - but either matte or gloss black would be best. Debadged trucks look like base models. I had a black Tahoe with gloss black badges and it looked fantastic so that (or matte) gets my vote.

Completely debadged and blacked out is my vote, no chrome whatsoever. I still need to powdercoat my exhaust tips

These pics are right after I had it ceramic coated.

Attachments

• Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    409.9 KB · Views: 147
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 146
To remove the Trail Boss decal on the bed, do it on a warm day and just peel it off like the $2 sticker it is. Any sticky residue will come off easy with lighter fluid or rubbing alcohol and some elbow grease.
For the Z71 badges by the mirrors, use some fishing line and saw it off, the black 3M goop they use on these is pretty cool stuff. If I remember correctly i just used my fingers to peel the residual off the paint like it was bubble gum.
The only casualty I had getting badges off was the small Z71 in the grille, the backing plate/spacer broke with very little effort. The replacement grille emblem should come with a new one anyway.
Just be careful with any products you use to remove the sticky stuff, the paint on these trucks is soft and will be damaged by chemicals that are too harsh.

Most Reactions

Back