What's new

Quad Exhaust Tips

So these showed up today. Still waiting on the muffler but I have to say, I’m extremely impressed with the Wesdon tips so far. The quality and finish is top notch and the packaging was perfect. Each tip was wrapped in foam then placed in nice canvas drawstring bags before being individually boxed. Super secure! I can’t wait to finish this project.
IMG_2314.jpeg

Hey gentlemen. I’m still struggling with finding the right exhaust mod for my 22’ TB 5.3. I refuse to spend $1k and don’t know if the muffler delete is the way or the Rough Country performance exhaust system. I also found the AFE Apollo GT Series 3” muffler upgrade but cannot find much online about guys using this setup. Someone told me to look into the Borla Type S cat back but that’s over a grand.

I want to hear my V8 but not at cruising speeds so minimal or no drone would be great. And I don’t want to spend over $500-600.

I’ve watched so many videos on YouTube and many have a financial interest to what they’re reviewing. I’m still finding my way around this forum as I’m new here and there’s so much info.

if that is the budget, the RC or Magna flow bolt on muffler is the way. The delete sounds really good, but it does drone (mines a 6.2)... i could do an entire exhaust for under 1K bucks...have before.

the only down side to the RC is it is a baffled muffler like a flowmaster...known to be a power loss, but sounds good.

i have only heard sound bites of the apollo muffler, but it wasnt a bad sound (outside)

I saw the Magnaflow D-fit performance exhaust and was reading on their site about their NDT (no drone technology) and it’s “dyno proven” but who really knows as I haven’t seen any videos on YouTube about this kit. I have used Magnaflow in the past on a hopped up sedan that sounded great and definitely added some HP but that was a different setup.

Man. My 2013 Ram 1500 was so much easier. I removed the stock muffler and hung the flow master and she sounded so nice! Cold starts were aggressive, launching was super fun, and droning was zero issue.

Chevy really effe’d this system with that BBQ sized muffler and that stupid flapper valve.

the magna flo is going increase power, it is a straight through design...the FM style chambered redirects the flow and there fore causes the loss

the flapper can be removed if desired. some say it helps with the drone, so say no.

i have considered building a TUNE TUBE (drone canceller) like the magna flo and running it on a stock deleted system.

Quad Wesdon 2.5 x 4” went on today. Pretty pleased with the outcome, although the Spintech 9000xl muffler is a little underwhelming… it sounds nice and deep but not as distinct and different from other chambered mufflers as I hoped for.

Attachments

• IMG_2335.jpeg
    IMG_2335.jpeg
    358.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2336.jpeg
    IMG_2336.jpeg
    396.8 KB · Views: 43
Those look great. Your exhaust shop did a really good job👍

Quad Wesdon 2.5 x 4” went on today. Pretty pleased with the outcome, although the Spintech 9000xl muffler is a little underwhelming… it sounds nice and deep but not as distinct and different from other chambered mufflers as I hoped for.
Looks proper.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back