What's new

Squeaking noise at idle

2020TBMilehigh

Reaction score
Anyone running into a squeaky idle? Noise goes away when the truck is moving, water pump isnt the issue. A little stomped...

2020 LT with the 5.3L

Thread 'Whining noise??'
https://www.trailboss.org/threads/whining-noise.1836/

Squeak vs whine? 🤷🏻‍♂️ See if this fits.
Thanks! I will open the hood tommorw again once the snow stops. Its a squeak, like a bad belt or lose pulley but all checks out. I will update what i find and hopefully also what the fix is. Seems like idle pulleys go out on these so i will checkbtgat again. Thanks again for the link and feedback.

Thanks! I will open the hood tommorw again once the snow stops. Its a squeak, like a bad belt or lose pulley but all checks out. I will update what i find and hopefully also what the fix is. Seems like idle pulleys go out on these so i will checkbtgat again. Thanks again for the link and feedback.
Not much you can do. I reported it to my dealer when I took it in for an oil change when I first bought my 2020. They said it was a common complaint and, iirc, used some sort of powder (I think it was graphite, but could be wrong) to quiet it down. It didn't completely get rid of the noise, but it was reduced. Over time as the belt wore the noise eventually went away on its own. Other than that, is just check to ensure the pulleys are correctly aligned.

Most Reactions

Back