What's new

Hello and Help

*UPDATE*
I went to the dealership today. They gave me an option of repaint, replacement (hopefully from factory painted), or put it on record and if any corrosion issues arise it is noted. He said, unfortunately, he sees several vehicles come in like that. More than not, according to him. Who knows. I told them that I really hate to have a repaint unless it is the only option and wasn’t crazy about removing factory parts. I told them to file it with GM and send me the paperwork. After I got home and could not take my eyes off the blemishes. Especially the one that looks like it is at the metal, I called him and told him that I would like to have it fixed. I would prefer a new one if they came already painted. I guess I will see. That was a couple of hours ago, so I am still waiting on a response.

Okay, I got an idea. How about get the dealer to pay for the bumper to be wrapped in PPF as restitution?
After putting about 400 miles on it, I am seriously thinking about it. Besides the blemishes I found from the dealership, it looks like I got a couple of chips from just normal driving. Makes me wonder if I should even worry about it now, or wait until I cannot stand the scratches anymore and have it resprayed. It looks like no matter how careful one is, the bumper paint is just prone to damage. Really do not know what to do yet.

Reactions: Baz
After putting about 400 miles on it, I am seriously thinking about it. Besides the blemishes I found from the dealership, it looks like I got a couple of chips from just normal driving. Makes me wonder if I should even worry about it now, or wait until I cannot stand the scratches anymore and have it resprayed. It looks like no matter how careful one is, the bumper paint is just prone to damage. Really do not know what to do yet.
I noticed the same with mine and was thinking of doing Xpel Stealth over the gloss black Trail Boss bumper to turn it satin black. But then I ended up getting a bumper for Christmas.

Dido … I’m considering having it repainted or rhino lined …

*ANOTHER UPDATE* LOL
I got word from my salesman today about what the fix for the blemishes on my new truck would be. He said that General Motors had approved a bumper repaint. They have a GM certified collision center shop onsite, and all work is guaranteed for life. I guess my dilemma is that I am anxious about having a repaint on a brand new truck, but I do not like imperfections on a brand new truck either. I was reassured that the work would be done right. I guess that I am just a little nervous about “losing” the factory finish. Unfortunately, I am a perfectionist. Should I be that worried, or trust that the job will be done correctly?

My two week old TB has been back to dealer three times due to paint blemishes from factory. Dealership was great and fixed them all. It seems this is a quality control issue as No one seemed shocked that a new truck would have paint imperfections.

My two week old TB has been back to dealer three times due to paint blemishes from factory. Dealership was great and fixed them all. It seems this is a quality control issue as No one seemed shocked that a new truck would have paint imperfections.
Well, at least I am not the only one. LOL!

Such a great truck despite these issues. Good luck getting yours perfect!

One did. I was worried about paint difference but it’s done great. I was pretty tough on my sales rep because I had to go back and that seemed to make a difference. The general manager called me to say they’d fix it all and they did.

Most Reactions

Back