What's new

Hood scoop / paint damage

I’d print out the PIT 5930A and show it to the dealer. I did and after a couple attempts the dealer had the damage fixed. So far so good.
Where can I get a copy of PIT5930A? It isn't posted on the GM website as far as I know. Do you have a link or a .pdf?

I have an appointment to get the hood painted at the dealer on 5/22. But they say without a documented fix they will paint it only once under warranty. So I need the document in hand and they need to kit parts to fix it for the fix to be covered (in case it happens again). I talked to them today and they say PIT5930A isn't released and there is no parts kit.

IMG_2330.png

Attachments

• IMG_2330.png
    IMG_2330.png
    354.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2329.png
    IMG_2329.png
    478.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2328.png
    IMG_2328.png
    455.6 KB · Views: 51
I found it on the ZR2 forum page. I think the link is in the pictures I posted.
I just got a login to that forum today. I can't read your attachment (too fuzzy) and there is no link. If you could please post a good link to the ZR2 forums post with 5930A that would save me some scrolling. TIA.

Mine was repaired in March according to the GM bulletin and within 4 weeks the front corners started doing it again exactly as it did from the factory. Took the truck into the dealership and they took pictures of the damage. I was told that the district GM rep would be contacted to determine what fix they would do for a second try.

Mine was repaired in March according to the GM bulletin and within 4 weeks the front corners started doing it again exactly as it did from the factory. Took the truck into the dealership and they took pictures of the damage. I was told that the district GM rep would be contacted to determine what fix they would do for a second try.
Mine has been fixed for almost two months and still looks good. I'll have to keep and eye on it though...

I saw on a ZR2 forum a post on a service information bulletin #PIT 5930A that details the fix for this. I showed this to a Chevy dealership that serviced my truck. Of course I’ve tried finding out from three different service departments about this problem and have always gotten the same response “ I don’t know about this issue, wait to hear from GM for a fix.” The fix is quite detailed and will require my truck to be in the body shop for several days. I’m to get a loner to use. Here is the thread contact. https://www.chevyzr2.com/threads/hood-paint-damage-bulletin-and-fix-is-finally-here.595/ Good luck.

Got mine back last week, 2022 LT refresh. The body shop just touched up the corners and the scoop didn't have any paint rubbed off of it. Now I have a credit to get the front bumper stripped and repainted as it looks awful with all the chips already.

Well my hood paint / hood scoop glare was remedied by the help of Mother Nature. During a windstorm, a branch came down damaging my hood and scoop. Seeing as the hood is made of aluminum it had to be replaced. That along with the hood scoop. I requested two things - that the hood scoop be painted a matte black which would eliminate the sun glare issue. Next was to install the hood scoop per the GM bulletin instructions issued to eliminate the paint damage. Insurance covered all but $200 of the $5000+ auto body bill. Thank you Mother Nature !

Well my hood paint / hood scoop glare was remedied by the help of Mother Nature. During a windstorm, a branch came down damaging my hood and scoop. Seeing as the hood is made of aluminum it had to be replaced. That along with the hood scoop. I requested two things - that the hood scoop be painted a matte black which would eliminate the sun glare issue. Next was to install the hood scoop per the GM bulletin instructions issued to eliminate the paint damage. Insurance covered all but $200 of the $5000+ auto body bill. Thank you Mother Nature !
How long did it take to get the parts? I have been waiting a month for the dealership to get the parts to fix my hood.

How long did it take to get the parts? I have been waiting a month for the dealership to get the parts to fix my hood.
I went through an independent auto body shop for my repairs. Although I did check with the dealership seeing as I had wanted to check on the status of having them do the repairs. They stated that the had the parts but I was never notified because they forgot who the parts were for ! Sometimes I think if you go to a dealership other than the one you purchased it from they don’t give you the best of service. Although from what I’ve found in at least in the issue with the paint damage from the hood scoop that MANY dealerships are clueless to the issue.

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back