What's new

What I don’t like about my Trail Boss

Could be faster on the highway. It would be nice if they offered a turbo-charged or supercharged version V8 for the Trail Boss.

The tiny steering wheel. What's with this thing? The steering wheel in my wife's 4Runner is bigger and more comfortable. You would think for a 50-60K truck they could give you something that is designed for man-sized hands...... :)

The shifter is ridiculous (pushing forward to go backwards - duh)...the interior pathetic lighting....the windshield spray button location BEHIND the steering wheel...the tiny heat vents for kids in the back seat, rear roof height seems low....the AC rear box outlet (for show, no go)..and the DEF consumption...other than those things...i like the fuel mileage of the baby diesel. Pulls bass boats/sleds 'OK' - just be sure to have a case of DEF with ya.

Hadn’t heard of a dead pedal before. What I found out was that it is primarily used in standard transmission equipped vehicles to keep left foot on same plane as clutch pedal to cut response time to clutching and to prevent riding the clutch. Also as a foot rest and as a brace in a collision. It’s all personal preference I guess. Even with the seat all the way back, still have to keep knee bent. It’s too restricting for me. On long drives on cruise I like to be able to stretch out. I’ll get used to it or get out the sawzall!
Dead pedal is really useful for off roading, particularly down hill stints so you can support your weight and have better control of the accelerator and brake.

Only thing I really really hated when I purchased my 2023 custom trail boss was the God awful factory speakers.. Chevy could have spent another $50 and had a decent pair there.. You would have thought for spending nearly 60k, they would have put something in better than the trash they used.. I upgraded them already.. Even my dog hated the factory trash speakers..

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back