What's new

Wheel spacers

vezePilot

Reaction score
I didn't think of it, either. My wife was raised on a farm and her Mustang GT/CS is a Manual. She thought of it instantly.

Baz

Reaction score
Good price👍
There are indents in the stock Trail Boss 18in wheels. I torqued to 140ftlbs which is correct from what I’ve read. You’ll need a long pry bar or similar to brace against the ground and put between the front wheel spacer studs to keep the hub from turning when you tighten the lugs.
I just applied the brakes with a piece of lumber so I could torque the front ones.

vezePilot

Reaction score
Installation of Supreme Suspension 1.5 inch Spacers went very well today. Yes, indeed there is accommodation for the Stud Ends in the Stock wheel. The "hub centric" fit is very good. A point of concern is how tightly the stock wheel fits onto the outside of the Spacer. It is VERY TIGHT, such that one might think it is not correct.

But running the Stock Nuts down a little at a time, around in the Star pattern, and they draw up nicely. I think that 2 inch Spacers might have been too much. Edge of the Tire Tread would well outside the Fender, and would perhaps damage Paint without fender flares.

NOTE: My Stock 20 inch Black Wheels were ALL torqued to NO MORE than 110 ft/lbs, when I removed them. The manual says 140 ft/lbs.

Pics: Inside the 2021 model year 20 inch Black Wheels: these are not "indents" nor indentations. They are huge CNC Milled VOIDS with no concern about the stud ends hitting.

And, the stance is much improved. Handling is also improved-- more stable, steering not as light.

Oh, also-- Parking the truck, shifting to Neutral, selecting 4WD Low, back to Park and setting the parking brake will definitely hold the Hub from turning while torqueing, in a Star pattern, to ~70, then 100, then 120 and finally 140 ft/lbs with no problem. Wife was right.

MilledVoids.jpeg

BetterStance.jpeg

tommysf13

Reaction score
Im looking for info also. Id like to keep my stock wheels and add 1.5in spacers.
just had 1.5" leveling kit by rough country by my local chevy dealer. $390 OTD. looks better and I have the stock tire/wheel combo

Attachments

• IMG_2946.JPG
    IMG_2946.JPG
    353.6 KB · Views: 28

Remanaz

Reaction score
just had 1.5" leveling kit by rough country by my local chevy dealer. $390 OTD. looks better and I have the stock tire/wheel combo
That looks good. I have been debating adding a level kit. I do not like loosing 4auto but damn the front sits so much lower. I came out to my truck last night and a Sierra was next to me. My bed was higher than the Sierra's but the hoods were matched in height. The Sierra looked to have a level kit on it. At least I hope it did. Because if it didn't then GM only lifted the rears in our trucks lol.

On the wheel space subject: anyone running 1" spacers with stock 18" wheels? Do the wheels clear the factory studs?

Last edited:

Baz

Reaction score
That looks good. I have been debating adding a level kit. I do not like loosing 4auto but damn the front sits so much lower. I came out to my truck last night and a Sierra was next to me. My bed was higher than the Sierra's but the hoods were matched in height. The Sierra looked to have a level kit on it. At least I hope it did. Because if it didn't then GM only lifted the rears in our trucks lol.

On the wheel space subject: anyone running 1" spacers with stock 18" wheels? Do the wheels clear the factory studs?
The factory studs are 1.75in long, but there are pockets on the backside of the factory 18in wheels that make 1.5in wheel spacers fit no problem. I’ve heard some people say they got away with running 1.25in wheel spacers without cutting down the studs, but I felt more comfortable with leaving a little bit of space to ensure the studs don’t contact the wheel at all. Running a 1in wheel spacer will for sure mean you’d have to cut the studs down, and that becomes a safety concern. Hope this helps.