What's new

You actually use your truck?

As I posted Wednesday, I went and got a load of firewood in my new Trail Boss. Today I found a link to a very neat site regarding "biofuel" uses, where it shows that a Full Cord of Lodgepole Pine firewood weighs about 2,576 pounds. So, my typical third-of-a-cord load weighs more than 850 lbs. That's why I have no interest in getting my truck "leveled."

In my 2011 Silverado, I carried garden dirt, sand, driveway rock, firewood and large machines (big lathe once, polisher machine for telescope lenses) All of these loads were from 800 to 1800 lbs. I never worried much for the limits stated in the doorframe. I use larger tires with higher weight capacities. Chevy truck always seemed easily able to handle what was asked of it.

Last edited:
Yes
Do any of you guys actually use this truck for what it was made for? I joined this forum for more info than how to make my truck look cool and how big of tires I could fit while driving to the mall...
Yes sir. It’s the first time I’ve ever owned a truck so I have no other experiences to compare it to. I’ve takin it through 6+ inches of snow on a single track road through the mountains elk hunting with my old man, and I’ve been to Moab three times with it. It’s handled everything I’ve thrown at it and then some. The only thing I’m questionable about is the G80 locker, it is kind of sketchy in Moab, like you need to be aggressive on the throttle to get the locker to engage. Certain situations really call for precise maneuvers and I feel like an electronic locker would really round this truck out.

Maybe one day when the “new” smell wears off. Just got my front end done with XPEL. Next is a bed cover and a rack with rooftop tent... then I guess I’ll have to do truck stuff haha

I took my girlfriend out for valentines day to lake pleasant. I never went offloading the way I normally would. I did not want to get AZ pinstripes. So I went the hard way on a lot of climbs. Got it on 3 wheels. Haha! Crawled her in 4 low though. Works really well. Have not used decent control as I am old school from Jeeps as well as desert. And I only had her 2 weeks!

Attachments

• 20210130_142846.jpg
    20210130_142846.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210130_143007.jpg
    20210130_143007.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 71
Do any of you guys actually use this truck for what it was made for? I joined this forum for more info than how to make my truck look cool and how big of tires I could fit while driving to the mall...

I went through the Starbucks drive-thru earlier today to order my triple mocha latte grande frappacino venti. While turning the corner to leave with my beverage, I saw a small branch roughly the size of a wiffle ball bat laying across the only way out of the drive-thru lane. Decided to see what this bad boy could do. Threw that sonuffabitch in 4 low and slowly went over the branch, all while trying not to spill my triple mocha latte grande frappacino venti. Cleared it with no problem and was able to continue on with my day. Definitely an exhilarating first time off-roading with da Boss.

My wife’s commute to work. From drought to mud that gets pretty deep. If you need a
D301A1C8-2CF9-46D1-B53C-E985521B4562.jpeg
4wd truck might as well have an awesome one.
90FFE1D7-4E93-463B-8C28-271F81FB1BB8.jpeg
8C7C0C8A-0BC7-4E31-9CEA-E2B2D1F5DB50.jpeg

I’m pretty sure I’m not suppose to do this in the first thousand miles.

Attachments

• 0D7EB585-5C26-4E71-9316-12FFB0691774.jpeg
    0D7EB585-5C26-4E71-9316-12FFB0691774.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 71
7779CF0D-B031-4F2D-8E5F-9C04FFFE6FCA.jpeg

Yes I will use this truck. We live a surburban life althouhgh I‘m more comfortable in the back country. In the Rocky’s or the Smokies.

I went through the Starbucks drive-thru earlier today to order my triple mocha latte grande frappacino venti. While turning the corner to leave with my beverage, I saw a small branch roughly the size of a wiffle ball bat laying across the only way out of the drive-thru lane. Decided to see what this bad boy could do. Threw that sonuffabitch in 4 low and slowly went over the branch, all while trying not to spill my triple mocha latte grande frappacino venti. Cleared it with no problem and was able to continue on with my day. Definitely an exhilarating first time off-roading with da Boss.
Holy shit this made me laugh. This is the best answer by far hahaha!

Most Reactions

Latest Discussions...

Back