What's new

Hood scoop / paint damage

I would say that the best course of action, if you all haven’t done it is to contact your Chevy Service Department and notify them of the problem. The more owners notifying them the better chance we all have of them fixing the problem.

IMG-0958.jpg
IMG-0959.jpg
IMG-0960.jpg
IMG-0961.jpg

That's not my truck. It's a new truck that arrived on the transport. Every single Trail Boss we've gotten has this issue.

GM is aware of the issue and they are working on a fix. Don't expect it to happen overnight though.

My 2018 Colorado ZR2 Diesel had the same problem with the hood insert rubbing the paint off like that… GM needs to go back to school on this.

Recently removed my scoop to have it painted/wrapped in satin black to reduce glare. Seems to be fairly securely mounted. Did not notice hood paint damage, but now will examine hood more closely.

Yes, all four corners mildly scarred. Get 'scoop' back from painters next Wednesday-will check with dealer before I reinstall it.

Last edited:
Just got the 2022 refresh truck. Here's the pics of mine so far. Everyone is going to have this issue. 400 miles on odometer.

Attachments

• IMG_5022.JPG
    IMG_5022.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_5023.JPG
    IMG_5023.JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 196
Checked back with a Chevy service manager. Got the same answer, GM is aware of the problem. He did add that GM is currently focusing on getting any vehicles that had to wait for retro fits for items that are related to cold weather done first.

I have spoken first to my Chevy salesman, who in turn is to speak to the local dealer service manager, and I should get their answer soon and can post at least what they are doing here in Michigan. Surprised that since this seems to be quite a common problem that it wasn't discovered in initial testing.

I spoke to my salesperson first. He was unaware of the issue / service bulletin. He directed me to the service manager who informed me that GM was aware of the issue. Seeing as my purchase was out of state I then went several weeks later to a in state dealership / service manager. He basically told me the same thing but added that GM was working first to retro fit vehicles that had been sold other items dealing with cold weather.

In my case the Chevrolet service manager said the same as others have posted. It is an issue with all TB's and ZR2's. GM fully aware of the widespread issue and actively "working on a solution". They will notify me supposedly once a solution is established. In the meantime, advised me to drive it with repairs forthcoming.

Most Reactions

Back