What's new

Leveling kit

tommysf13

Reaction score
Lots of bad information out there on TB front end leveling. It's all over the net that you must change your control arms even if you are just going 1.5 or 2 inches to level it. Not true. I had a local off road shop quote me over 1,400.00 bucks to instal that kind of kit. Ironically I found my answer at my dealership. They have a factory approved, aftermarket spacer kit for just north of $500.00 installed including the required front end alignment. Perfect for my needs. YMMV.
do you know the kit number or info? thanks

PHXPHOTOG

Reaction score
do you know the kit number or info? thanks
Sorry, I don't. All they put on the receipt is level and align. My dealer is Courtesy Chevrolet in Phoenix. They have 2 guys working in a small department separate from parts department they call the Pro Shop. That's where they sell vehicle upgrade accessories. Both GM and 3rd party stuff. All I know is it is a 3rd party spacer and the control arms were not replaced. I think he said "They call it a 2" lift but in reality you get 1.5 to 1.75 out of it." My front end might be a hair less than level, it's so close you can't tell, I'm not sure. I do know it made a huge difference on my approach angle. I wheel my truck hard. Off road every inch of clearance is a big deal. I had already torn up the plastic part of my bumper under the passenger fog lights. I get through those rocks now. Getting the rake out of it makes it look much better to me. Also, I tow a heavy trailer. Thats what the rake is there for. I was concerned the truck was going to squat when towing. It handles it just fine. I got what I need, ground clearance and maintained towing ability.

dudleyfj40

Reaction score
Is anyone using the Bilstein adjustable struts for the front? I just need an inch to level.
I switched the rears to Bilstein and I was wanting to do the fronts also, but, I haven't heard much here about them being used on a TB.

juicedgsr95

Reaction score
Is anyone using the Bilstein adjustable struts for the front? I just need an inch to level.
I switched the rears to Bilstein and I was wanting to do the fronts also, but, I haven't heard much here about them being used on a TB.
I was going to go that route but had no luck finding the fronts. I did put bilstiens on the rear and then used the ready lift kit for the front. I bought the 1.75 kit but only installed the control arms and 1” too spacer. I didn’t use the .75” bottom spacer.
EA25D643-ABC9-4598-A252-F82A687A13C5.jpeg