What's new

Welcome to TrailBoss.org - Introduce yourself!

Jsan05

Reaction score
Thank you for those details. I have two flapper valves, one on each side of the muffler! I'm thinking I will leave them both if I do the muffler delete.

Not to beat a dead horse but can you tell once the AFM kicks in... and if so would you describe it as the "helicopter sound" I have heard referenced by others? Just worried that it would be annoying and debating if it is worth the trade-off. Love a decent V8 rumble, especially after coming from an Ecoboost.
Not at all. Like i said, its barely noticeable at highway speeds. I notice a slight rumble. Once you get into it it really sounds good. I can send you a video if you’d like.

Spyderwebb

Reaction score
Not at all. Like i said, its barely noticeable at highway speeds. I notice a slight rumble. Once you get into it it really sounds good. I can send you a video if you’d like.
Thanks. must not be obnoxious then...think I might get it done!

DevOps260

Reaction score
Hello everyone, just picked up my 2021 Satin Steel 5.3L Trailboss. I am moving on from my 2011 Silverado LT 2WD double cab, it was a great truck for me but always regretted not getting a 4WD. Running Boards is next on my list.

IMG_1307X.jpeg
IMG_1298.jpeg

jodaday

Reaction score
I would like to be the first to welcome everyone to Trailboss.org, the first and only forum dedicated for Chevy Silverado Trail Boss Owners. Please take a minute and make a quick introduction!
Back in the Silverado saddle! Couldn't be happier with the new Trail Boss. I look forward to suggestions and learning from all of you.

tbuss5831

Reaction score
Made a few posts on the forum already thought I would say hello. I have been a GM Technician for about 5 years now I do pretty much everything except heavy line(engine repair), transmission and diesel. I can honestly say when these trucks first came out I thought they looked awful, except the trailboss. About 6 months ago I tried to buy a 2020 trailboss but they didn't have the 6.2L 10spd and short box options I wanted. I held out and had the sales manager custom order me a 2021. Here is what I got. My friend got a 2020 RST before I got my truck so I just wanted to show the height difference.

Attachments

_chevy_metal

Reaction score
Hi everyone... I got my 2020 LT Trail Boss 6.2L in early August. I've done a few things to her already, but have a list of upgrades planned as well... So far, Borla ATAK Exhaust, Rotofab CAI, JLT oil catchcan. I've plastidipped the Z71 badges, but haven't got to the rear ones yet. If the knuckles ever show up, I've got a BDS 4" coilover and UCAs going on with the 20x10s and 35s.
20201109_202822.jpg
20201109_202906.jpg
20201108_124144.jpg
20200818_141859 - 20.jpg
20200818_121802.jpg

Ritrailboss

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Have had my 2020 Trail Boss since April and so far like it very much. Looking for recommendation on lift/level kits to get some larger tires on there, would like to keep stock wheels if possible. Keep seeing/reading that some kits will not allow the Auto HI AWD work and would definitely like to keep that. Any suggestions?

So far I have removed the roll up tonneau cover (for sale if anyone is interested) that came with the truck and replaced it with the BackFlip MX4. the new cover is low profile and still gives access to almost the entire bed. I have ordered the Cold Air Inductions intake as all of the reviews seem positive.

Thanks.

Attachments

Avianhunt

Reaction score
Hi all, I traded a 2014 LTZ in October and got a 2021 TB in Satin Steel Metallic. First thing to go was the Trail Boss sticker and Silverado and LT badges on the tailgate, I'm looking to blackout the Z71 on the fenders. Added Havoc Raptor style running boards and Truxedo Pro X15 tonneau cover, also added a swing case to the drivers side and tied in additional bed lighting, and Blacked out Chevrolet on the tailgate.

Attachments

Last edited:

MYBOSS

Reaction score
I would like to be the first to welcome everyone to Trailboss.org, the first and only forum dedicated for Chevy Silverado Trail Boss Owners. Please take a minute and make a quick introduction!
Hi, My name is Norm and I live in Bluffton SC. I own a 2019 Red Hot TrailBoss.

panda_trailboss

Reaction score
I have a 2019 TrailBoss LT 5.3L. I bought it in November 2019 and have been slowly been making changes to her! I’m located in the sunny state of Florida! Love everything about his truck and can’t wait to see what the next mod will be! Last pic is mine and my brother in laws, he liked mine so much he traded his 17 Silverado for one.
51C807EF-DC41-445A-B53C-575CB23305D1.jpeg
258F6214-15D2-4A55-960C-D1553A9AE2D8.jpeg
01F9CB57-7890-4756-8050-A9EC9A61B829.jpeg

SimplyRock

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Rock and Ive had my 2020 Trail Boss since April. Loving it. 5.3L, Crew Cab, Standard bed, Tow mirrors, step bars, tinted windows and low profile quad folding tonneau cover. Looking to do more as time goes. TY for having me

20201225_134222.jpg

20201108_163804.jpg

SkyFreek60

Reaction score
Hello everyone... been loving my trail boss for several months now. Havent seen any others locally in my color blue which is kinda cool. It's a 2020 crew cab, 6.5' standard bed, LT. I've added some small things here and there... lomax hard tonneau, rhino running boards, line-x, rear wheel well liners, front window tint. Need to install my auto stop remover and catch can still and was looking into exhaust mods.
20201013_174121.jpg

Day I got her:
02c3f64.jpg

Last edited:

jwcornette

Reaction score
My 2021 TB w/6.2L. Just added front window tint and eyebrow tint. I also applied Adams Ceramic Spray with graphene. Made the finish look like glass.
4FD7686A-4ABF-44B6-AC81-0EB4D15CF0C4.jpeg

Kaj

Reaction score
Hello all! I've owned my 2020 TB 5.3L,6.5 bed since March of 2020. Been busy with work and life but have managed to start making it mine.
Line-X spray in bedliner
BAKFLIP MX4 bed cover
Tinted windows
Rear Wheel liners

To Do:
LED reverse lights will be in on Wednesday
LED license plate light in later this month (Slow delivery)
Rough Country 10" Grille lights ( I have but have yet to install. Might be nervous about that and have been trying to find videos on an install. Any help appreciated!!!)

On my list:
larger tires
new wheels with offset
Leveling kit
FMS auto off bypass

Anyway I haven't had one complaint other than the

GTDAD66

Reaction score
Hello my new friends! I have a 2020 Trail Boss LT with the 6.2L engine. Its a beast! Just hoping to get good info and share the same. If i can help just ask. My copilot is a GSD named Delta (included in some pics).

Attachments

Bender

Reaction score
Evening gentlemen. Just traded a 19 Tundra for the 21 TB LT in silver or whatever Chevy calls it. Already tinted the glass and swapped the antenna for a low pro from Stubby. Love the ride and the 5.3 has great pickup and gas mileage. New Star Armor steps waiting to install tomorrow and a bed liner up next. Looking forward to this beautiful truck every day.

Attachments

jwcornette

Reaction score
Evening gentlemen. Just traded a 19 Tundra for the 21 TB LT in silver or whatever Chevy calls it. Already tinted the glass and swapped the antenna for a low pro from Stubby. Love the ride and the 5.3 has great pickup and gas mileage. New Star Armor steps waiting to install tomorrow and a bed liner up next. Looking forward to this beautiful truck every day.
How is the stubby antenna? I need to swap mine. It hits the garage when I pull in

Latest Discussions...