What's new

Pulsar LT

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Is there a way to tell what version of software is installed?

CP72

Reaction score
Has anyone used the pulsar feature to change gear axel ratios to adjust for larger tires?

Reaction score
Holley sent me a cable to update my Pulsar LT. Unfortunately, the update did not fix my issue. They are now sending me a new unit.
Although a little frustrated with the issue, Holley is doing what they can to correct the issue. (Issue being the Chevy app can't connect to the diagnostics).

TexasSAR

Reaction score
Holley sent me a cable to update my Pulsar LT. Unfortunately, the update did not fix my issue. They are now sending me a new unit.
Although a little frustrated with the issue, Holley is doing what they can to correct the issue. (Issue being the Chevy app can't connect to the diagnostics).
I am having the same issue.

Reaction score
Latest Update: Replaced unit with no configuration, everything seems to be good, ran it for a few days with no change to configuration.
Only thing to note, I could not turn off the auto stop via button, pressing button did nothing, light stayed illuminated.
Changed the configuration to disable auto stop, this broke the Diagnostic information. Turned off and diagnostic information back.
Disabled the DFM - diagnostic information is there.

In summary
* The unit connected seems to disable the ability to manually turn off auto stop via button
* With auto stop disabled via the Pulsar - diagnostic information on Chevy app does not work
* Disable DFM via Pulsar with Auto Stop (enabled) - diagnostic information is correct.

I will be passing this information along to Holley.

TexasSAR

Reaction score
Latest Update: Replaced unit with no configuration, everything seems to be good, ran it for a few days with no change to configuration.
Only thing to note, I could not turn off the auto stop via button, pressing button did nothing, light stayed illuminated.
Changed the configuration to disable auto stop, this broke the Diagnostic information. Turned off and diagnostic information back.
Disabled the DFM - diagnostic information is there.

In summary
* The unit connected seems to disable the ability to manually turn off auto stop via button
* With auto stop disabled via the Pulsar - diagnostic information on Chevy app does not work
* Disable DFM via Pulsar with Auto Stop (enabled) - diagnostic information is correct.

I will be passing this information along to Holley.
I talked to them last week about the same issue.

“The Pulsar LT will use the same communication line as the chevy app and OnStar diagnostic scans so it thinks the line is already in use. The App should still be able to detect any actual check engine lights or vehicles issues.”

Reaction score
Holley has asked me to call to diagnose. I will bet they tell me the same thing as you were told.
My concern to what you were told is, how will it be able to detect vehicle issues if the channel is used by the Pulse LT?
I'll update once i have a conversation with them.

And FYI, lost the diagnostic's information - guess it needed some time to sync properly. (DFM Disabled Only).

Reaction score
Spoke with Technician, we went over the details of the issue, check to confirm the unit had the latest update via the USB to ODBII cable.
Everything looked good and it was up to date but problem persisted.

UPDATE: After taking the truck for a few trips. The diagnostics works sometimes and now the remote start works as well as the ability to stop the engine.

No only does this keep the app from seeing the diagnostics, it is random if remote start the truck works from the app but it doesn not show it is running and i can't stop it. I was provided the option of keeping it and dealing the the app not functioning the way it is supposed to or sending back.

The tech did mention that GM is going towards a configuration that will keep things like the Pulsar from even working.

After weighing the options, I will be sending back. Note... I have a few days to change my mind.... :)

Decided to keep....

Last edited:

fireboss

Reaction score
Silly question, when having to bring your truck back to the dealer do you physically have to reset the features, or once you remove it that auto resets it?

Reaction score
Not silly at all.
The configuration is in the unit itself, so it does not change anything on the ECM itself - so when you remove it, you are removing the configuration changes.
In short, when you remove the unit, the truck is back to stock settings.

Hope this answered your question.

fireboss

Reaction score
Not silly at all.
The configuration is in the unit itself, so it does not change anything on the ECM itself - so when you remove it, you are removing the configuration changes.
In short, when you remove the unit, the truck is back to stock settings.

Hope this answered your question.
Thank you, I appreciate the info!

Reaction score
Sure thing. A few notes on using the Pulsar LT.

Disconnect battery before removing / installing Pulsar. You can cause a check engine condition if you leave the battery connected (ECM Lost communication code).
After changing an option and saving the change, you have to hold the cruise control cancel button again to get into programming mode to select the function you want.
With the Pulsar installed, engine running and your cruise control is off. The + - for the cruise control will change the throttle response and the speedometer will change to denote the setting. This can be changes while driving down the road.
I have the 6.2l and unknowingly change the setting to 5 (most responsive). Way to touchy, was breaking tires loose at every stop light.
Put it back to "0" which I am assuming is stock (Better gas mileage).

Good luck with the Pulsar...

Reaction score
I talked to them last week about the same issue.

“The Pulsar LT will use the same communication line as the chevy app and OnStar diagnostic scans so it thinks the line is already in use. The App should still be able to detect any actual check engine lights or vehicles issues.”
Hoping it will still detect any actual check engine lights or vehicles issues. I may have to test this out when I re-install my catch can.

Reaction score
Wanted to provide latest update.
After making 4-5 trips in the truck, the app is working fine.
Remote Start - will start and stop
Diagnostics - shows all information (No Issues Found).

This is very strange and makes me wonder if this is something Chevy (GM) app vs. an issue with the Pulsar.

We will probably never know. Good luck to all who have.

TexasSAR

Reaction score
Wanted to provide latest update.
After making 4-5 trips in the truck, the app is working fine.
Remote Start - will start and stop
Diagnostics - shows all information (No Issues Found).

This is very strange and makes me wonder if this is something Chevy (GM) app vs. an issue with the Pulsar.

We will probably never know. Good luck to all who have.
Question for fellow Pulsar LT users

Are you taking the Pulsar LT off when you go to the dealer for oil change?